It almost now 1yr to the time our Hope Movement was split because of Dr.Joseph and PN action in the Hope Movement. And from that time until there was a number of big changes.
HGI was renamed to HIM now led by Ps Simon, Hope Bangkok Church was split with PN leading one side and Rubina leading the other. Some other churches as well split from Hope and have remained such.
In HIM, we are still refining and changing some of the old Hope issues that have plagued the movement. From all the comments i have read, there are still pockets of Hope elements which are still there. I suppose its always hard to do wholesale changes and no doubt Hope's previous teaching will still have some impact especially those trained in Hope Thailand or have been very closely related to the Hope Church in Bangkok.
In summary issues that needs dealing with
1. BGR issues that have always been very poorly dealt with
2. Pride attitude always assuming we are the best
3. Poor people management skills by the leaders
4. Poor leadership training and selection of leadership based on favourtism rather than by lifestyle
5. Teachings and methods sometimes bodering on cultish behaviour
- Leaders telling members what to do
- People who leave church are often ostracised and cut off
6. Leadership often blaming people using the term "Bad spirit" instead of taking responsiblity.
Whatever 1 yr from now if this things still happen its anyone's guest. But i believe many people who are reading this or left will have stories which can relate to one of these points.
Hopefully HIM can take a bigger role in changing the old Hope Philosophy. Well, Happy Annivesary.